Muckhart Golf Club
Founded in 1908 when local minister the Rev. J. Edgar Cairns sought sporting facilities for the village, Muckhart was created on 55 acres of land donated by Miss Ella Christie of Cowden. The original nine holes were laid out by J. B. Wyles of Dollar and opened by Miss Christie on 28th May 1908.
The course was extended to 18 holes in 1970 and further to 27 holes in 1998, set against the magnificent backdrop of the Ochil Hills. It was a Muckhart member, Andrew Dougal, who founded the Ochil League in the mid-1950s, giving the club a special place in the league's heritage.